I just have to start this off by saying I’ve never been a huge fan of vegetable soup but a recent cold left me unable to taste or smell anything! The only thing that sounded good was S O U P! So I gathered up everything I had to make a delicious bowl of comfort food. After looking up recipe after recipe and not liking the looks of a single one…I created my own!
This recipe is a must when you are sick or even just a cold winter day. The broth is so good and incredibly satisfying. We like to make it with a loaf of garlic french bread. There was so much leftover, we were able to eat it for two days and still had more to freeze for later!
It’s one of the easiest soups to make and you only dirty ONE pot! Its also toddler approved!
4 cups beef broth or stock (I used stock)
5 cups water
1 Tbsp olive oil
1-2lbs lean ground beef
1 small-medium onion diced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic salt
1 6oz can tomato paste
1 can petit diced tomatos
1 bag of mixed vegetables
3 cups kale
2 diced potatoes
1 packet Lipton soup & dip mix
- Add olive oil to large soup pot. Once heated, add onions and cook just until tender then add the ground beef. Season with garlic salt and pepper and cook until no longer pink
- Add in tomato paste and mix in with the ground beef
- Add the Beef broth and water
- Add potatoes, bag of mixed vegetables, kale, petit diced tomatoes & stir
- Stir in onion soup mix & salt then simmer with lid on for approx. 30-45 minutes
- Serve with garlic french bread and enjoy!
The joy in this recipe is you can always add noodles for the kiddos, or change it up a bit with whatever vegetables you and your family love!