1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2/3 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup canola oil
2 large eggs
1/3 cup milk
2-3 large ripe bananas
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
Ingredients for crumble topping:
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp softened butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare a 9×5 loaf pan with cooking spray
- In a medium bowl combine dry ingredients – flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon (Mix in optional oats and walnuts here)
- In a large bowl mash bananas.
- In the same large bowl with the mashed bananas mix in eggs, milk and canola oil.
- Slowly mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until combined.
- For the crumble topping use a small bowl and fork to mash butter and add in flour and brown sugar (mash together with fork)
- Pour banana bread mixture into prepared baking dish
- Use your fingers to sprinkle crumble on top
- Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.